Chaplaincy at Bishop Carter seeks to promote the spiritual and human development of all of the members of our school community, by following the model and teachings of Jesus Christ.
As Chaplaincy Lead, my job is to support, connect, encourage, celebrate, challenge, and promote who we are as Catholics. It is to take the “what” students learn in Religion classes and translate it into the “how” we are to live a life based on the Gospel.
Chaplaincy incorporates many aspects, including, but not limited to, the following:
- One-on-one confidential meeting with students who may be dealing with grief, self-esteem issues, spiritual deficit, drug or alcohol abuse, family problems, academic difficulties, bullying, self-harm, etc.
- Advocacy for students and staff
- Faith development, including retreats, guest speakers, field trips, promoting monthly virtues and Catholic Graduate Expectations, etc.
- Faith celebrations, including prayer services and Eucharistic celebrations
- Collaborating with student success, working with students, teachers, administration, and other support staff, to ensure all students achieve the success they are capable of
- Facilitating clubs including Breakfast Club, GatorAID, Grief support, OSAID (Ontario Students Against Impaired Diving), Students for Diversity
- Acting as liaison with parishes and community organizations
Please feel free to contact me anytime ~ Jen Geddes, Chaplaincy Lead.
I am at Bishop Carter on Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday (705-969-2212 x177). On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, I am at Marymount Academy (705-674-4231 x116). I am available anytime to help support our Catholic school community.
Also, please consider joining us for our school liturgical celebrations through the year – watch the calendar for details!
“I am among you as one who serves” (Luke 22:27).
Jen Geddes, School Chaplain